Saturday, March 21, 2015

Desert Hot Springs Bible Conference

Last night we drove over to California for church. 
Bro. Walker, Bro. Bow, Bro. Spell, and Bro Mattocks
Oh to have the piano talent of Bro. Spell, I would love to spend a whole day with him showing me things on the piano and just listening to him play. 
Trav with his very good friend Bro Adkins

My reason for driving 3 hours to go to church.....
There are days I miss Uncle Glennith so badly and wish he could be here still, just thinking of him brings tears to my eyes.  I wish that I could just have one more hug from him and I know Trav wishes he was here so he could call him and have him to our church, But alas God called him home and he is gone from us. 
In the time since, Bro. Bow has really come to mean a lot to us. We've been missing him and so we were not missing tonight's service! I have never walked away from a service that Bro. Bow preached that I didn't feel totally amazed at the things he brings to life in the bible. I could listen to him for hours. 
We sure do love Bro. Bow

We really enjoyed ourselves and I got to be with Nanna Walker, when I walked in and Sis. Glenna Walker told me to go sit by mom I was over joyed! Someone I know!!! I sat down and here comes Sis. Luke, more people I know!! Lol I got to meet more that I didn't know and everyone was so kind. The Bertram's and Walkers, Claiborns and Reynolds and Streevals and we so enjoyed the singing of Bro. Rusty Adkins and Bro. Brian Adkins along with Bro. Spell there were some others also but I've forgotten their names. 
It was an all around good time. I wish we could have went over there again today to hear Bro. Streeval but alas duties call. 

We are looking forward to Bro. & Sis. Luke being with us next weekend to preach for us. We have known him for many years as he is from Washington. 

Everything is going well here at YPA. We are so excited about what God is doing. 
Travs office is coming along beautifully. I will post a very long post of pictures once it's completed. He has tried his hand at faux painting and it has turned out beautifully. I can't wait until it's all done and he can be in there at his desk and I can go hang out on his couch to read my bible and be with him sometimes during the day. And then we can start on another project, hopefully a new floor in our fellowship hall!! :-)
Everyone have a wonderful Saturday!!! 




1 comment:

gram said...

I am so glad you had a good time.Sounds like it was great preaching and singing.Having Bro. Bow as my Pastor has been one of the great blessings of my life.Love and miss you all.Gram