Sunday, September 27, 2015

My birthday surprise

For my birthday, knowing it was Tuesday which was a church night I expected a nice happy birthday and then maybe my husband would take me to Texas Roadhouse Wednesday night. 
Instead on Wednesday I'm told be ready by 12:30 and pack an overnight bag. So since I'm always ready for a trip I packed my bags and was ready to go. I figured out we were going to San Diego because I knew we had to be back by Friday so couldn't be going too far haha but beyond that I knew nothing. The boys were dying to know but Trav was keeping everything to himself. I was so proud of him. He had gotten us a hotel and dinner reservations. I'm not sure he's ever done that so it was quite the very special treat. We ended up at our very nice hotel and then started walking as he said our dinner was not far. We ended up at the Brazilian Steakhouse. That was quite the experience. It was all very special and I got cheesecake and we really enjoyed the experience. He had gotten us tickets to a play and then we went for ice cream. 

Thursday we got up and went on tour of an old aircraft carrier that was in operation back in World War 2, the USS Midway. It was a very neat history experience. We walked around quite a bit then headed up to old town for some good Mexican good and shopping. 
A dental room on board the ship
On the way home the boys thought they need ice cream again so we stopped at Cold Stone and thankfully there was a nice Starbucks next door. :-)
I had a wonderful birthday from the best husband ever! I am so blessed with such a wonderful family! I just love them all to pieces!!! 
















1 comment:

GRAM said...

Boy that was quite the birthday,and not even a milestone one.What will he do to top it for your thirty-fifth? LOL He has a couple years to think on that one.Love to all