Friday, August 29, 2014

Traveling on!

We are now in AZ taking care of Bro. Walkers church while he is away. 

On the way here we stopped for a couple nights in Vegas. 
So on Monday we said "Ok Dad, you choose where to eat." 
So Trav chose..... 
He likes to try new stuff when on a trip. So we were all game... Well except maybe Coda. He's not much into new stuff. 
So on first appearance everything looks ok. We walk in and the kids " oh this looks just like Jalapeรฑo's!"
Which is a nice little place we like to eat at in Sparks. So Trav and the boys order rolled tacos to share. I stayed on the safe side with a cheese quesadilla. We were all looking forward to our food until she set it in front of them........
I know... Your thinking, what's wrong with it? Well they look great if you like guacamole which they were drowning in.. No one in our family likes the green stuff๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ so that immediately eliminated Coda out of the sharing because there was no amount of scraping or wiping that was going to convince him they were edible. Trav and Dallas proceeded to scrape what they could and drown them in hot sauce to cover what didn't come off in the scraping. Hahaha
BTW.... My quesadilla was great! 
Prior to arriving at the AdventureDome we had to pull into a parking lot for Trav to take a phone call. It took a bit and the boys were bored. Needless to say when they get bored they can always find something to do if there's a crowd near by they think might be watching such as the traffic passing, well at least coda always thinks that's what should be done haha



Next stop was AdventureDome! The indoor theme park. 5 acres of indoor fun!!!!!


So being the cool mom that I am I thought "Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to ride the rides together!" We'll all buy wristbands for endless rides and I'll just be like a teenager again, it'll be like old times at the fair riding ride after ride over and over. Oh this is going to be fun!!!! 
So that's exactly what we did..... Only one problem...... It wasn't like old times......๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ท
We started with Canyon Blaster, the worlds largest indoor double loop, double corkscrew roller coaster.
When I got off this ride I thought to myself, "Janaya, you come up with the dumbest ideas sometimes" so at this point I'm a little dizzy, my stomach is not in its proper place and my head has a slight ache, but hey I just paid money for the "all you can ride" wristband so I wasn't about to let that be wasted so off I follow my husband and children to ride #2. 
EL LOCO........ 
The name itself should have warned me
Only the 2nd of its kind in the United States, El Loco, a custom S&S coaster. 
But El Loco Mama staggered on, and wouldn't you know, I got a front row seat. 
My Oh My!!!! What a ride... That's when I shoulda called it quits because it was at that time my stomach was just starting to really dislocate, and my dear husband says " you shouldn't have bought that band, you better not ride any more" Nope, I paid it I'm getting my money's worth! 
So on we go.... Now Coda wants to ride a spinning ride. Dallas immediately says nope, he'll sit off on this one. 
Well my mind is thinking back to that fair ride I rode when I was dating ⬇️and we stayed on it three times in a row and it was so fun I'll never forget it. ⬇️
Well let me tell you... Bad idea....
Chaos: Ride that spins while allowing each car to flip on its own axis while tilted to a 70 degree angle.
They are looking all calm and collected. And I just knew I should get off before it was too late! 
But I didn't use good judgment..... 
And when I emerged from that experience my stomach felt like there was chaos inside... 
But what do you think stupid me said... "Ok one more and I'll have my money's worth and then I'm done" so next one picked is. 
Inverter: 
I should have watched someone else ride first. I thought oh one of those nice swing rides, like the boat at the fair, just a big swing. So I get on and they put this thing over my shoulders and then another bar that pushes my legs into the seat so hard I thought they were being cut in half. And I'm thinking, good grief this must be one violent swing! Well little did I know it was going to flip me upside down and leave me hanging.๐Ÿ˜ท did I mention my stomach was still in chaos from the Chaos ride and now they just made it go into my throat.....
So after that I said I am done! 
Awe mom just one more.... Kids! If they could only have been feeling the way I was at that precise moment they would not have said that but I wasn't about to let them think I was a baby mom or something. So I agreed ok one more and then that's it for me.....
Now what do you think they picked. 
Disk-O: 
The worst ride in the whole place! Well at least for someone who's stomach has been through El Loco, Chaos and then Inverted. The whole ride they were laughing at poor mom, by then I didn't care about who was baby mom, I just knew I was going to be embarrassed mom if the ride didn't stop soon, and would you believe I think it was the longest ride time there....
After that I staggered off and went and laid my head on a rail with a garbage can in site and said I'm done done done guys, you guys can just go. 
Poor me! No one even felt sorry for me, they were having too much fun riding the rest of the rides and the roller coasters over and over. 
So on that day I decided rides are no longer my thing, that is a thing of the past. LOL
Sis. Walker said, try Dramamine next time. Hahaha, 

The kids had the time of their life as they love rides...

The next day we decided to go to the Stratosphere. 
1,149 ft, the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States and also the tallest structure in Las Vegas. 
We took the monorail over. Just for fun, something different than driving. 

At the top of the Stratosphere they have few rides of course. 
X-Scream: Ever played on a giant teeter totter. 866 feet above ground? X-Scream propels you head first 27 feet over the edge of the stratosphere. After being dangled above the Las Vegas strip you will be pulled back and propelled over again. 


Dallas decided to try a different one. 
Insanity: Insanity the Ride is a truly mind-bending experience! A massive mechanical arm extending out 64 feet over the edge of the Stratosphere Tower at a height of over 900 feet, this Vegas ride will spin you and several other passengers in the open air at speeds of up to three 'G's. You'll be propelled up to an angle of 70 degrees, which will tilt your body into one position — straight down! If you're brave enough to keep your eyes open, you'll be rewarded with a breathtaking view of historic downtown Las Vegas. 

After my experience of the day before I declined to try any of these rides. They thought they were pretty amazing. 


My child, he just can't stand to be touched. And Dallas arm around him was killing him and so he was all about "hurry take the picture" ๐Ÿ˜


This concludes my very long post and trying to make my very few pictures look like a lot haha I did copy a couple from the web as you'll be able to tell, just some that I wanted you to see what I saw but forgot to take pictures of. Lol

And now I have finally found a way to post from my phone or iPad with pictures, before I couldn't but I found an app that let's me and so I do hope since it's all easier for me I will do much better with my postings and picture taking. 

P.S. I now see that I have some more learning to do in posting this way. Some of my pictures are only half pictures. 
If you'd like to see the whole picture for now you'll just have to go back to the top of the post and click on the first pic and then you can go through them like a slide show. 
I'll figure it all out eventually, but it is past midnight now and so it'll be another day. 







No comments: