Monday, July 20, 2015

Missing Uncle Glenn

I just can't tell you how much I miss Uncle Glenn. 
The pain of losing someone gets easier over time but the missing part never does. Just last week I came across a picture and some other things of Uncle Glenn's and it still brings tears to my eyes. It wasn't long later Dallas came in and saw the picture and I saw him wiping his eyes. 
A few months ago Travs parents had brought a tape of his first message he preached and we were in the church listening to it and at the end Uncle got up and was saying some words and the sound of his voice there in that santuary yet knowing he'd never be there in that sanctuary with us, never to be behind that pulpit was much more than I could bear at that time and I had to get up and go outside and let them finish listening to it. 
This man is so greatly loved and so badly missed. 

I love you Aunt Rose. May God bring you much peace, for I know if I feel this way you feel much more deeply. 


1 comment:

Gram said...

He was truely a wonderful man of God.Sis. Myers and I were just reminising yesterday about the message he preached at one of our anniversary services,"SAIL ON" it's one of those you never forget.He was a great help to our family through all the years.He is greatly missed. Love to all